Pot a Doodle Do’s Ten Top Tips for Glampers!
1. Fall back in love with the outdoors! Glamping is the perfect way to manage between getting back into the outdoors but still having a bit of luxury. Come away for a few days and enjoy spending some downtime with each other!
2. Wellies and thick socks! Again a must for the changeable British Weather! Whether you are strolling through grassy fields or exploring rock pools on our beautiful beaches a pair of wellies is your best friend! Also handy to nip to the loo in the middle of the night!
3. Pack light – there is no need to bring the kitchen sink. Do a bit of research prior to your visit so you know exactly whats on offer and quite often you will find that you don’t need to bring half the stuff you thought you would. There are lots of pre-bookable extras that can lighten the load for you too.
4. First night food – Do you want to book a BBQ hut for your first night and organise a meat pack to save time! Or you can order takeaways which will be delivered to your wigwam- what could be easier! This means you can relax as soon as you arrive on site and enjoy that well-deserved glass of wine or g & t!
5. Camp fire and marshmallows! Have you prebooked your camp fire and marshmallows! Light your fire toast your marshmallows and enjoy looking up at the stars in the sky! Great fun for children and adults! Enjoy the peace and tranquillity of the countryside!
6. Have you brought some games with you – monopoly or even a pack of cards can be great fun! They won’t take up much room in your car but you can play so many games with a pack of cards and are perfect for all ages! It’s nice to do something totally different and enjoy some quality time with your family and friends!
7. Phone and wifi free zone! Have a digital detox! The choice is yours but wouldn’t it be lovely just to switch your phone off – even if it was just for the evening and enjoy some quality time without the hassle of phones or ipads!
8. Slow down and remember to relax and chill! Keep things simple for your weekend and don’t try to cram in too much! There are lots to do in the area but you can always come back again for a second visit!
9. Picnic? Are you planning a trip to the beach with a picnic- it’s a great way to spend the day with kids! They can amuse themselves for hours making sandcastles and looking for crabs and other creepy crawlies. If you forget to bring your picnic essentials don’t worry the shop is stocked with allsorts of drinks, biscuits etc and you can order sandwiches and baguettes to take away with you.
10. Warm clothes! This is a must in the UK as the weather can be so unpredictable! Even if the sun is shining during the day the temperature can quickly drop at night! Extra layers are ideal for sitting around the camp fire and toasting marshmallows!