Guests in both the wigwams and the yurts can use the well-equipped communal kitchen to make their meals. Naturally the site is very family friendly, and the toilet and shower block has special family shower rooms. There is also a play area for children.
The unique and very original Pot-a-Doodle Do wooden Wigwam and Mongolian yurt ‘glamping’ experience is ideal for groups of family and friends wanting to holiday together. The whole site can even be booked for wedding parties, receptions, birthday parties, sleepovers and corporate events. The location is ideal for get-away-from-it-all holidays; discovering the history and beauty of the local area; enjoying outdoor sports such as horse riding, cycling, walking, sailing and diving. Plus there are many local golf courses and world famous fishing on the river Tweed.
WHAT TO BRING
We are often asked “what should we bring with us?”
- Sleeping Bags and Pillows
- Towels and Toiletries
- Tea towels and washing up essentials
- £1 coins for electricity
- A torch for any late night visits to toilet block.
- Matches if you are having a camp fire
- Wellies just in case!
Of course if there is a problem bringing any of the above -maybe you cant fit it all in the car with the kids- or you are coming by public transport or by bicycle- then have a look at our optional extras which can be prebooked to make your life a little easier prior to getting here. We can provide you with anything from bedding and towels to camp fires with marshmallows and skewers or go for the full Mini Moon experience with flowers, sparkling wine and chocolates! Go on – spoil the one you love!
Our site is open from Mid February until end of December so we can be used as a base for walking, cycling, fishing or just a relaxing holiday!
We welcome bookings from schools, clubs, residential houses, day centres and special needs groups. We are accessible for wheelchair users and have a good sized car park.
General Terms and Conditions
1. All Bookings must be paid in full at the time of booking. Our tariff covers you for the amount of people and or dogs you booked in at the time of booking. Should you wish to bring more guests this must be agreed with the site prior to arrival.
2. In the event of cancellations we do not give refunds on any bookings made at or site. However should 48 hours notice be given we will offer an alternative date suitable to you should we have availability. Alternative dates if available will be offered for up to six months from the cancelled date. In the event of rebooking the client is liable to a £10 admin fee. You are strongly advised to take out some form of travel insurance to protect your position in the event that you are compelled to cancel your holiday. This term does not apply to any bookings made using vouchers from Groupon or Itison. These bookings once made cannot be refunded or amended.
3. Arrival time is after 3 p.m. and before 7 p.m. A member of staff will be at Pot a Doodle Do between these times to greet you. Arrival after 7 p.m. is by arrangement only and guests may have to locate their own wigwam. Check out is 10 a.m. on the day of departure.
4. We regret that in the event of a guest leaving early for whatever reason , no refunds will be given. It is the client’s responsibility to get to Pot a Doodle Do whatever weather conditions prevail and should you leave early due to adverse weather conditions whilst on site no refunds will be given.
5. Pot a Doodle Do may run special offers from time to time. These offers do not apply to existing bookings taken at an earlier date when regular tariff still applied. We are unable to move or change existing bookings to Special Offer dates once made.
6. Whilst we employ cleaners, guests are expected to leave the wigwam in a clean, neat and tidy fashion. No rubbish is to be left in the wigwam or surrounding areas. No food is to be left in the fridges. We reserve the right to charge to the card details given on booking an additional fee should the wigwam be left in an unsatisfactory condition or if there is any damage to the wigwam or surrounding area.
7. Any items left in the wigwam must be claimed within two weeks of departure. We do not post out any items left on the premises.
8. We do not accept any bookings from unaccompanied adults ages 25 and under. We are a peaceful quiet site ideal for relaxing- not a party site.
9. We have 5 wigwams, 5-9, which we allocate to pet owners. Well behaved dogs are welcome to stay in these wigwams but must be booked in and paid for at £7 per dog per night. All dogs must be kept on leads at all times and you must clean up after your dog, Dogs are not to be left unattended at any time. Dogs are the responsibility of their owners and must be looked after and cleaned up after at all times. No dogs are allowed in the Yurts. Dogs are NOT allowed in the play area at any time.
10. Campfires- Only our fire pits are allowed on site. You are not permitted to bring your own fire nor are you permitted to bring your own wood to the site. You are not permitted to burn branches and any other debris you may find on site. This is the property of the site owner.
11. Use of the BBQ huts are at the discretion of the owner and must be booked and paid for. You are responsible for the hut whilst using it and it must be left in a clean state after use and all rubbish removed to the bins/
12. We do not allow disposable BBQs on our site. Please therefore do not bring them to our site. Should this term not be adhered to then we are at liberty to charge to the card details given on booking any charges relating to any damage caused to our grass or flagstones with disposable BBQs.
13. Please drive slowly around the site . This is for Health and Safety reasons as there maybe children and dogs on site.
14. Your children are your responsibility. Children must be accompanied to the kitchen and shower block areas. Please be aware of where your children are and what they are doing. All children must vacate the play area by 9 p.m. at the latest and they must be back at your wigwam by that time.
The owners of the park are absolved of all liabilities for accidents, loss or damage to guests’ personal property.
The owners of the park reserve the right to ask guests not observing these terms and conditions to leave the park without refunds and with immediate effect.
It is expected that all visitors have read and understood these terms and conditions prior to arrival at our site.
Group Bookings Terms and Conditions
It is essential that the entire group is aware of the following terms and conditions. The person making the booking is responsible for ensuring that all their party is aware of our Terms and Conditions and that they are adhered to.
Please note that if the group does not adhere to our terms and conditions you will be asked to leave without any refunds.
Please note that the following Terms and Conditions are to be upheld in addition to our usual Terms and Conditions.
1. As a Group Booking all monies must be paid in advance. The group’s organiser is responsible for collecting all monies due to secure the booking.
2. All parties attending must check in and collect their keys.
3. Only guests originally booked are permitted to stay on site. Any other guests will be allowed on site at the owner’s discretion.
4. Music is permitted on site at a low noise level until 10 p.m. when you are asked to switch all music off as we are a low noise policy site.
5. You are not permitted to bring your own camp fire. Only fire pits provided by the site are permitted. We provide you with a fire pit, lighters and briquettes and nothing else is permitted to be burnt on site. Therefore do not bring your own logs and do not burn branches or other bits of wood found on site. Any breach of these rules will result in us confiscating your fire pit and charging you to dispose of any charred logs.
6. Please be considerate of your neighbours whilst staying on site. Noise levels must be kept to a minimum after 10 p.m. We are a low noise campsite and if anyone does not adhere to this rule you will be asked to leave without any refunds.
7. Your children are your responsibility and must be kept under control at all times. The play park closes at 9 p.m. and we ask that all children are back at your wigwams by this time. If there is excessive noise in the play area earlier than this then we reserve the right to close the play area earlier.
8. We are a quiet peaceful site and ask that you respect our terms and conditions regarding noise levels.
9. All rubbish must be taken to the communal bins at the entrance to the site. No rubbish is to be left in the wigwams or on the decking. No food to be left in the fridges. We reserve the right to charge to the credit/debit card details given on booking an additional fee should the wigwam be left in an unsatisfactory condition or if there is any damage to the wigwam, its furnishing or the outside area.
10. If you are bringing dogs with you they must be kept on leads at all times.
11. We reserve the right to ask any group to leave the site without refunds should these terms and conditions not be adhered to.